One of the best ways to stay healthy is to lead a healthy lifestyle. Preventive services can help. Preventive services are designed to prevent or detect health problems. Some examples include annual health checkups, wellness screenings and immunizations.
Preventive services keep you healthy
Immunizations and flu shots can stop illnesses before they have a chance to start. That one trip to the doctor can save you many more down the road.
Health screenings and wellness exams can discover problems early. Finding them early before they have a chance to get worse means you’ll have a better chance at a successful outcome.
Child well-care visits
In addition to taking your child to the health care provider when your child is ill, or needs an exam to participate in a particular activity, routine well-care visits are recommended.
Well-care, well-baby, or well-child visits are routine visits to the child’s health care provider for the following:
- Physical exam
- Immunization updates
- Tracking growth and development
- Finding any problems before they become serious
- Providing information on health and safety issues
- Providing information on nutrition and physical fitness
- Providing information on how to manage emergencies and illnesses
We can also provide guidance on other issues, like the following:
- Behavioral problems
- Learning problems
- Emotional problems
- Family problems
- Socialization problems
- Puberty and concerns about teenage years
Women’s Preventive Care
Many health insurance plans now cover some women-specific services. They include:
- Sexually transmitted infections, cervical cancer, breast cancer and more
- Education, counseling and prescriptions for birth control and sterilization
- Domestic violence screening and counseling
Men’s Preventive Care
Screening tests can find diseases early when they are easier to treat. Talk to your Park Medical Centers health care professional about which tests apply to you and when and how often you should be screened.
- Prostate Health
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- Colorectal Cancer
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Preventive services may be free
You may not have to worry about a copay, coinsurance or your deductible, as long as you see an in-network doctor and your visit is just about preventive care. Many insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare plans, provide for one free visit each year.
You might have to pay out-of-pocket expenses if:
- You receive other services during the same visit that are not preventive
- The services are used to treat, diagnose or monitor an illness, injury or health problem
- Ask your Park Medical Centers medical provider if you wonder if your visit is strictly preventative.
Back to Work Letter
Blood Work / Lab Tests
Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Congestive Heart Failure (CHS)
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Diabetes & Hypertension
High Cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia)
Medicare Annual Well Visits